Evolution of Kudambayogam

Initially the Temple had only one pooja in a month.That was organised in turn by each family on an understanding. When difficulties accured in having Poojas like this family members joined together and organised a committee under the leadership of Puthillathu padmanabha Pillai to renovate the temple and conduct “Punarprathista”.The effort taken by Dr.P.K.Narayana Pillai, Puthillath and P.K.Kesava Pillai, Kodickal in bringing about a partition deed in the year 1947 and completion of the renovation work is commendable.

          Afterwards Individuals from different “Sakhas” of the ‘Tharavadu’ took responsibility for a long period in organising the monthly poojas.

          In the year 2001 when the need of another renovation came a general body was called and a committee was formed with M/s.P.Krishna Pllai,Nampallil as president K.R.Gopalakrishnan Nair,Puthillath as Vice President, K.Surendran Nair, Kesava Sadanam as Secretary, P.Kesava Pillai,Kannanchira as Treasurer and N.Unnikrishnan, Puthillath as Dewaswom Secretary. It was also decided in this meeting to give a permanent structure to the committee by forming it as a “Kudumbayogam”. Their committee prepared the Bye-law and after the General Body approved the same “The Valiyaveettil Kudumbayogam came into existence in 2001. A committee elected by the general body every 3 years is managing the affairs of the Valiya Veettil Temple and Valiyaveettil Kudumbayogam now.